Friday, February 1, 2013

Me. Today. Ups and Downs

My life is a roller coaster of ups and downs, I was born this way and then trauma added to the ride. My ups and downs are not extreme when I'm taking medication, but I can be having a normal, happy, joyful day then out of the blue, down I go like I was hit over the head with a sledge hammer.

It's exhausting but I'm learning to live with it.

 My chemical imbalance is hereditary, and all though I do know the Lords healing in my life, I have to face the fact that I am a Bi-Polar believer.

It's hard to write this down because I have fear that you may judge me. But it will be in the book that I am writing so I figured, why not start revealing this aspect of my life now.  As I work on my book, it is evolving into a book about awareness, showing the world around me that people may have struggles but we can function in everyday life doing all the things that you do. It's just that there is a battle within the mind as a Bi-Polar believer that goes beyond fighting against a spiritual realm.

It is reality that a Christian can struggle with depression and it has nothing to do with their walk. It is a chemical imbalance and it's real and nothing to be ashamed of.

Are you ashamed? I'm not anymore. Know that the way God created you is the way you are supposed to be. He did not make a mistake. If you struggle with mental health issues bring them to the Lord and get help but know that you are not alone.



No comments: