Sunday, December 21, 2008
Loving My neighbors...
The other day I was blessed and surprised to have been given two blog awards in the same day. The first one was from my dear blog friend Becki at A Walk Through The Valley. This award.... When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I have been known in the past to look at life with a cup half empty. As of late, I try to look at it half full. Funny how Becki noticed and I'm grateful for that. The Lord just has me in a place of gratefulness with the life He has given me knowing He is my strength and the maker of my lemonade!
The rules for this award are that you post the graphic for it, write a post that links back to the giver, and then pass it on to up to ten others. Leave a comment on the blogs that get the award, so they know what’s happened.
The second award is from a new blog friend, Jennifer from My Chocolate Heart
Don't you just love the name of her blog?! Jennifer came over to my blog home to visit and I'm so glad she did! She has a sweet, refreshing way of expressing her faith. She is an encouragement and a light to all!
The description of this friend award! Wow, what an honor!
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Well my friends..I just opened this blog back up and I don't have 18 readers!! So I will give you a few links to follow and anyone new to my blog is welcome to the Friends award and if you are at least trying to look at life on the bright side,well grab the other one too!
I think the two awards go together- The ladies mentioned below have encouraged me and are very creative with what life has to offer. They all make the best of the bad and encourage us to walk in faith, not by sight. They all give God the glory for their skills and the gifts that God has given them! Truly honored to know you all through the blogosphere or in person!
1) Becki- I have followed your blog (s) now for about two years! You are always an inspiration! I love how you share your faith in the hope to encourage others towards Christ. You are open, honest and share your faults. This is not the norm in the Christian community and I find it refreshing and beautiful!
2) Jennifer- You go ahead and grab the Lemonade post. I have spent time browsing your blog home! You have a unique perspective on life and are not afraid of telling others exactly what you believe. You write in such a manner that it evokes curiosity to those who may not believe and gives insight to your life as a Catholic, Christian. Mom! I love it and will be back for more!
3) Kara- Noel- You may be totally confused to find me over here...hehe
Kara is a friend from Church. We are both WAHM's ! I do know KN in real life but I think I see her more in the blogosphere! hehe You are a busy mom of two sweet children and I am ALWAYS encouraged by your sense of humor! I look forward to your posts and know I will have a smile on my face after reading your blog! KN- is the owner of Eli's Lids.com - Oh her Lids and kids are amazing!
4) Gina- Gina may be confused as well. (I have a business blog too) Oh my dear friend Gina! You are such an encouragement. I am amazed by all that you do in a given day and you hardly ever complain...well when you do have something negative to say, it is with wit, charm and you have a gift for bringing the light into a dark situation! I truly see your trust in the Lord. Gina is also a talented photographer..what can't she do? Gina and I are friends in real life. I need a park-play date soon!!
5) Heather- Just pop on over and view her blog. You will be blessed- She posts her photography with Scripture...my heart is filled by viewing her amazing photos and reading God's word! We are real life friends for more years then I can keep track of. She is a joy to have as a sweet and faithful friend!
6) Jill Is a home school mom and I am always blessed to read her blog! Jill you have such a gift to encourage others. I'm thrilled we are getting to know each other through blog posts and e-mails! It feels like the old fashioned pen pal you hope to meet up with someday! Jill is a doula, nutrition expert. Home school mom....Take a look at her blog. Her family is beautiful, her writings poetic, fun and inspirational....she is filled with joy!!
You are all amazing! Have a wonderful Christmas! I look forward to the New Year and what it holds for all of us! Thank you for taking this journey with me!