Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Putting on the armor of God


kimkimeri posted this prayer over at .Mayas's Mom. It is a great community. I spend a lot of my free time over there. It is such a blessing in so many ways! Everyone really does use their grown up manners. Nothing but encouraging in every aspect of my life.
This week my buttons are being pushed in a positive way. Everywhere I turn, there are pictures, statements that remind me of good memories. I listened to Charles Stanley,In Touch Ministries when I came back to the Lord and was still shy of going to Church!This prayer is courtesy of In Touch Ministries

Ephesians 6:13-18

Prepare yourself for each day’s spiritual challenges by making the following prayer part of your morning routine:
“Dear Lord, as I get out of bed today, I know I’m stepping onto a battlefield. But
I also know You’ve given me everything I need to stand firm. So in the power of Your Holy Spirit, I put on the armor of God:

“First, I place the helmet of salvation on my head. Protect my mind and imagination.
Guard my eyes, allowing no sin to creep in. Focus my thoughts on the things of God. Let the
breastplate of righteousness keep my heart and emotions safe. I pray that I won’t be governed by my
feelings, but by truth. Wrap Your Word around me like a belt. And safeguard me from error. I put on
the sandals of peace to guide my steps. Plant my feet in Your truth. Empower me to stand firm
against attack.
“Next, I take up the shield of faith. Protect me from Satan’s fiery arrows. Place
me shoulder to shoulder with Your army to oppose the Devil’s schemes. Finally, I take up the
sword of the Spirit, Your Word. Help me to read the Bible in a fresh, exciting way so I will always
be ready to deflect attacks and pierce hearts with Your truth.

“I know I’ll face assaults today, Lord, but You’ve empowered me to stand firm.
Give me strength for the battle today.”

Without God’s armor, you’re as vulnerable as a soldier who goes into battle wearing only a bathing suit. Get dressed for success! And do it today!

***Sermons For KidsMy picture is from a great site for teaching your kids about God. They have daily sermons/teachings for kids!

1 comment:

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Amen! The armor of God is so important. May the Lord Bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)