Sunday, May 18, 2014

Me. Today Seeking Joy

I came off of a high...school was hectic,I finished my field practicum hours at NAMI and my typical single mom schedule and daily life kept me busy. School is taking everything I have at this point and writing on my blog comes in last place. Sadly, I love writing here. I need this to be my escape. I was asked recently how my book was coming along. It is on hold until my two month break in October where I can take a mental break from school and relax into the writing of " Crazy Happens on the Road that leads Home" It's funny. I want to forget the dream of publishing a book. Really who is going to read a book from an unknown author except my family and friends? Well, my therapist and all of the therapists in her office said they would buy a copy....she said my story was inspirational. hmmm. It's not about money or sales or I wouldn't even think about writing. It's for me and the few it may help. It's about a girl with faith of a mustard seed who has a dream. She is Bipolar. A Bipolar Believer. It will confuse theologians and hopefully give hope to those that struggle as I do. A girl with a Christian faith who no matter what she does, finds herself in darkness with the lows and the light of emotional highs. It's confusing to me. But it's me.

Today, I'm seeking joy. I will rest knowing that my faith says there is nothing I can do to make Him love me any more than He already does. I need to re-discover that joy. Today, I'm seeking joy in the midst of the emotional chaos.

If you relate, don't give up.


No comments: