Sunday, May 22, 2011

me. today. reflective

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Maybe it was the message at church today.

Maybe it was the tug of the Holy Spirit on my heart.

Maybe it was me being reflective.

Maybe a combination of all three.


Reminded that I can be self righteous, arrogant, passive aggressive, stubborn
(to the core)
. But also reminded with the blood of Jesus I was saved from all of this. I can be different if I continue to lean on Jesus. It's when I take my eyes off the author of my faith. The one who designed me; this is when I slip into the place of thinking myself better then others. Better then my brothers and sisters in Christ...better.

He has washed me clean from all of the above. Do you believe that Jesus can wash you clean?

or do you go to the place of self condemnation?

That is NOT a relationship with Jesus. Jesus does not condemn us of our sin. He gently woos us back to a place of humility knowing that He is the founder of our sanity and He loves to love us into obedience and grace.

Don't hate yourself for your sin. Let Him love you into righteousness that can only be found in Him

In His Grace.


No comments: