Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Lord is near..

Do you ever have a day when you need God near? I mean really near? We know God is always near but there are days when we need him to shout down from heaven..I AM NEAR!

Today was that day for me...I had a really hard day.

The girls had their day with their daddy (my soon to be ex-husband).

It was a hard day.

The Lord made it clear to me that He is near. He made it clear through a neighbor. I experienced from the receiving end the command "Love they neighbor". It was so sweet to get a love note from Jesus through my new friend. He is a single Dad, I am a newly single Mom...It was nothing more then care from Jesus and the Lord used my neighbor. He fed me, was sweet to my girls and invited us over again.

My neighbor, my brother in Christ may not even know how much it meant to me or how the Lord used him...........

but today Love came near.


I pray Lord that when you prompt me to serve a "neighbor" that I listen, we never know who is praying that they would see the Lord come near...and the Lord may want to show them through me. Will I listen? Be available? Be ready? Lord make me ready to serve when you call!

"‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me

Mathew 25:34-40


Then the Lord gave me this passage:
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Psalm 56

1-4 Take my side, God—I'm getting kicked around, stomped on every day.
Not a day goes by
but somebody beats me up;
They make it their duty
to beat me up.
When I get really afraid
I come to you in trust.
I'm proud to praise God;
fearless now, I trust in God.
What can mere mortals do?

5-6 They don't let up—
they smear my reputation
and huddle to plot my collapse.
They gang up,
sneak together through the alleys
To take me by surprise,
wait their chance to get me.

7 Pay them back in evil!
Get angry, God!
Down with these people!

8 You've kept track of my every toss and turn
through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
each ache written in your book.

9 If my enemies run away,
turn tail when I yell at them,
Then I'll know
that God is on my side.

10-11 I'm proud to praise God,
proud to praise God.
Fearless now, I trust in God;
what can mere mortals do to me?

12-13 God, you did everything you promised,
and I'm thanking you with all my heart.
You pulled me from the brink of death,
my feet from the cliff-edge of doom.
Now I stroll at leisure with God
in the sunlit fields of life.

No comments: