Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It became clear to me

"It became clear to me that I had totally misunderstood the Christian faith. I came to see that it was in my brokenness, in my powerlessness, in my weakness that Jesus was made strong. It was in the acceptance of my lack of faith that God could give me faith. It was in the embracing of my brokenness that I could identify with others' brokenness. It was my role to identify with others' pain, not relieve it. Ministry was sharing, not dominating; understanding not theologizing; caring, not fixing."

Taken from the book The Rabbi's Heartbeat

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen from this broken pot!

Delighted to meet you! Just found your site via CSAHM. I just started this blogging adventure a few months ago, but continue to be amazed at the joy, encouragement, and faith that I find.

Keep writing, the world is reading.

Hugs from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

Debbie Turner Chavers said...

A quick note to encourage you to keep journaling and sharing your faith in Christ who has loved you with an eternal love that fails not.

~Debbie Turner Chavers